Construction Administrator Position
The Construction Administrator is part of the Construction Administration (CA) team who is responsible working with Contractors, Owners, and Authorities Having Jurisdiction to help ensure that building systems designed by WTA are installed as the team intended. The Construction Administrator will regularly perform project inspections, attend jobsite meetings, and respond to contractor’s request for information. While it is expected that the Construction Administrator has knowledge of construction practices and principles of building system design, the WTA engineering team is available to support the CA efforts when necessary.
The ideal candidate should have the following qualifications and demonstrate the necessary desire, skills, and knowledge:
- Minimum 10 years in the Engineering and Construction Industry
- Bachelor of Science in Construction Management or Engineering a plus.
- Desire to support engineering projects through the construction phase of the project
- Thorough understanding of construction practices, construction contracts, building codes, and project scheduling
- Ability to follow written policy and verbal direction
- Ability to communicate well both orally and in written form
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks while working in a high pressure environment.
- Physically capable of working in rugged environments, standing for long periods of time, entering confined areas, and repetitively climbing ladders.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review project contract documents prior to contributing to each project.
- Perform project inspections and clearly relay observations to the responsible party in a timely manor.
- Attend construction project meetings and provide input on behalf of the engineering team.
- Manage construction related project documents such as Change Orders, Requests for Information, and Field Inspection Reports.