Senior Electrical Power Engineer Position
William Tao & Associates, Inc. is seeking a Sr. Electrical Power Engineer to work with our diverse and innovative client base. This opportunity requires a Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, and a Missouri Professional Engineering License in Electrical Engineering. The chosen candidate will be responsible for design and specification of electrical power systems for a variety of facilities requiring medium voltage distribution and critical and emergency power systems. Experience in Revit MEP or AutoCAD MEP is preferred. Ability to coordinate with and incorporate others into project work flow is necessary.
William Tao & Associates, Inc. (WTA) is a multi-discipline engineering firm located in St. Louis, Missouri. WTA is recognized as an industry leader, providing engineering services to clients throughout the United States for over 50 years. WTA provides a quality work environment and benefits.
For more information please contact Steve Andert, PE, Senior Vice President, at 314-884-7600 or e-mail to email@example.com .
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) or Architectural Engineering (BSArchE) from an ABET accredited university.
- Minimum 6 years of cumulative experience in power engineering project experience for normal and critical power distribution systems for campus utility, health care, data center, or industrial applications.
- Registered Professional Engineer in Missouri.
- Engineering experience in a Consulting Engineering firm would be a strong asset.
- Experience with electric power systems, short-circuit, protective coordination, load flow, motor starting, and arc flash hazard analysis.
- Experience with project engineering proposals, project scope development, and customer presentations.
- Experience with electrical design, layout and plant /Facility processes.
- Excellent attitude toward providing system solutions to customer problems.
- Proven skills in written and oral communication of technical topics.
- Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, SKM electrical system analysis software proficiency required.
- You must be legally entitled to work in the United States and immediately available to begin work in the location specified.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of standard discipline deliverables incorporating office standard work processes and tools.
- Implementing engineering department procedures and their application on projects.
- Coordinate engineering work planning, scheduling, and cost estimating.
- Write and implement contract requirements and scope as they relate to electrical work.
- Coordinate technical issues related to electrical design work and initiating and managing relevant discussions and resolutions with third parties (customers, contractors, suppliers, and regulators).
- Selection and specification of electrical equipment and material.
- Design integration and coordination with other disciplines/team members on projects.
- Specification and coordination of procurement process for electrical equipment and bulk materials and procurement methods, including bid evaluations.
- Selection, specification and review of industry and manufacturer’s testing procedures and basics of protective relaying.
- Medium voltage, high voltage and critical power system design.
- Application of codes including, but not limited to the IBC, NEC, NFPA, and OSHA as required in the design and layout of electrical systems.
- Site surveys and assessments.
- Electrical calculation including short circuit studies, coordination studies and arc flash.
- Field survey and evaluations.
- Travel may be required.
- Quality assurance review.
- Other duties may be assigned